Skip to main content

Just a little research

Complete a blogpost detailing your film viewing over the past month.
You should consider the following when completing your blogpost:
• Where do you watch films?
I watch films in primarily two places, either at home or at the cinema. If travelling, I tend to watch films on a plane and in a car. When at home or travelling I prefer to watch films on my phone, even on a plane. At home I prefer to lie in bed in my room with headphones and watch movies on my phone, so nobody else disturbs me.
• What devices do you use to watch films? How does this change the viewing experience?
Primarily tend to use my phone, with headphones. Watching films on a 5.2 inch screen means that I'm closer to the screen, and pay attention to the finer aspects of the film. I also  watch films on the television with headphones, which is different from watching on my phone as there is a much bigger display. 
• Are there certain films you prefer to see at the cinema? If so which?
 Yes, I prefer to watch all Marvel Cinematic Universe films at the cinema, preferably in the IMAX format. Because all of the MCU movies are blockbusters with a huge budget, it only makes sense to me to watch it in its intended format and delivery, which is the best experience within the IMAX.


• With whom do you watch films?
If not watching alone, I tend to watch films with my siblings. During holidays such as Christmas I watch a film with the family, parents included. But I mostly watch films on my own at home.
• What attracted you to the film? Why did they choose to see it? (The social aspect of watching a film is important as it can affect your attitude towards it. Have you been ‘pressured’ into seeing a film you weren’t interested in by a friend etc?). Is it a hotly anticipated film (i.e. Star Wars Episode VIII) or one that only serves a niche audience?
Siblings. As I have two sisters and they have all the say in the family, they forced me and my poor brother and my cousins to watch 'Girls Trip' at a cinema in Ghana. As I was basically threatened to watch the movie, my attitude towards the movie wasn't great at first, but I did end up liking it. The audience was relatively specific, as the comedy in that film would only be seen as funny to a large, but limited group of people.

• How did you respond to the film? Was it a spectacle, moving, frightening etc.?
I did find some scenes funny, as it was a 'Black Comedy', so it was full of jokes and references to the African-American experience and community in America.
• Following our trips to the Ritzy and the IMAX. Discuss the recent changes to digital projection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard First Draft

Storyboard replica from Kweku Addo This is the original storyboard, before the character changes were made. The setting is the same however. It differs to my final storyboard as these are stills taken from a scene i filmed, compared to the stills i took which replicated the scene.

Echo

Echo Recognisable ringtone – immediately know a phone call incoming Long shot of reaction Camera in cab stationary, shakes with bumps in road, adds realism to car journey Use of chiaroscuro to show isolation while smoking. Creative camera use of different depths of fields to show man smoking in reflection – clearly being established as some sort of vice in this film. Lack of sound adds tension and isn’t noticeable until car passes. Household relationships and roles quickly established – Rebellious teenager, innocent child sibling and frustrated parent. Long shot + conversation muted – gives a sense of distance: brother watching from afar. Bike’s in garage – foreshadowing an actual accident, likely involving child? Slow motion shot of Ollie cycling off – depicts importance. Depth of field used again here, shifting focus from passerbys to her. Same scene as the beginning, however slow motion shots added in – audience see through her act, and see her in a different...